Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:22:48 -0500
From:         Kelley McDaniel <kmcdaniel@mercuryems.com>
Subject:      Engine Conversions for an '84

I haven't been on this list for 5 years or so, since I sold my '81 (loved it in spite of its underpowered "glass" engine, except for the poor cabin heater). I was gonna scan the list for a few days before writing, but I'm interested in this conversion thread. I'm thinking about acquiring an '84 that was run out of oil. I want to learn what's current regarding engine conversions. If I can do a conversion with a strong reliable engine, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll sell as is or repair the stock engine and sell it (since it didn't die from the more normal electrolysis probs, I probably have good heads, will need strong lower end). Also, I was partial to the 4 speed and this one's automatic. I thought the auto was more fragile. Is this so in the '84?

Oh, and, I'll bite . . . what's a TiiCo?

Thanks for any advice.

Kelley in Kansas.