Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 2000 05:59:08 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      The ultimate gift for VW lovers

Ok you guys & gals this is it ! The ultimate gift for Christmas, this was in the Ottawa Citizen yesterday and I thought it should be shared with you all ! Enjoy !

Bags: To be sold by silent auction Continued from page Fl

There are shopping bags, plastic bags, evening bags, waist pouches and backpacks. And creativity ran unchecked, with condoms and cookie pans, hu­man hair, piano parts and live fish finding their way into the designs. Allson Smith-Welsh recycled a girdle, sewing zippers into the bra cups to safeguard valuables. And Wal-Mart saleswoman Carole Hebert spent more than 80 hours creating an ostrich egg purse lined with ostrich skin and closing with a feather clasp. Learning how to process the skin alone took three weeks. Seeing a pair of shiny VW van hubcaps in a junkyard reminded sculptor Lynne Lalonde of a friend who once drove from British Columbia to Ottawa in a beat-up van. "She was as colourful and playful and representing of freedom as her old VW," she says. And the hubcaps reminded her of a time when people were more active in social causes. "Today we 'talk about it but we don't go into the streets any-more. I find that alarming," she says. "Maybe it (her "Peace and Love" bag) will make us speak about these times more often and we'll go back into the street and protest." Ms. Lalonde's Peace and Love bag, along with the other works of art, will sell by silent auction on Dec. 15. There is a $200 minimum bid, which can be waived at the de­signer's discretion.

Click here >< <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/graphics/misc/vwpurse.jpg"><http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/graphics/misc/vwpurse.jpg</A> to see this lovely purse !

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains <Member: <A HREF="http://www.vanagon.com/"><Vanagon List</A><, <A HREF="http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/"><LiMBO</A><, <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/CIW_English.asp"><IWCCC</A> & Capital City VW Club Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley <<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm"><STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers</A>   <<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli &< Associates</A> or http://frankcondelli.com

[text/html]