Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jun 2006 04:35:22 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Audi S4 springs - what are those ?

purdy sweet van, but i would get rid of the chrome with some nice black paint ok ok, i did this on my rear bumper, something tells me chrome does not look to good on the vanagon.

peace, Joe

-----Original Message----- >From: David Marshall <mailinglist@FASTFORWARD.CA> >Sent: Jun 28, 2006 10:26 PM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: Audi S4 springs - what are those ? > >S4 springs... I guess they are lower. > >Golf II steering wheels fit the Vanagon, but they are usually too small and >block out the high beam indicator for me. > >Military tail lights to not have reverse lights... > >As for the cargo rack... it creates more drag and it is a PITA to get things >from... if it can go inside or on the back, that's where I would put it. > >Cool looking van... to bad it isn't a Syncro through. > >David Marshall > >Fast Forward Automotive Inc. >4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road >Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3 > >Internet http://www.fastforward.ca >Email sales@fastforward.ca > >- Engine Conversions and Accessories for classic water-cooled Volkswagens >- Electrical harness fabrication and customization > >Due to the large quantity of email we receive, please include previous email >correspondence when replying. This will allow us to read the full dialogue >in one message so that we may provide you a quicker and more accurate >response. > > >-----Original Message----- >From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of >Mark C >Sent: June 28, 2006 14:40 >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Audi S4 springs - what are those ? > >http://www.finetuningperformance.com/chrisvan.htm > >have no idea what S4 springs are . . . > >also they mention VW Motorsport Steering Wheel - have no idea what that is >either . . > >and what are military tail lights? i do recall there being a place for >another bulb in the rear lens assembly . . . > > >Nice cargo cage . . . since I'm getting two thule spirits on top of my >vanagon, http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=11&sku=689B . >. . I'm wondering would it be better to mount a cargo cage in front of the >thule spirits or behind . . . if the thules are in front then they'd be >cutting the wind first . . . but if they are in the rear then maybe their >placement would be more typical ? ? ? . . . as far as loading stuff on the >cage it should make no difference if I have tube bumpers front and rear for >stepping on . . . and the cage would be good for having for loading things >that you might buy from ikea-like-stores when you're on a day trip and you >don't want to cover the engine bay area cause you might want to take look at >your engine or something and admire it . . . for example I just changed my >four wheels . . . now I have four tires I have to transport . . . would be >nice to have a cage rack on top to be able to transport these without >needing to put the wheels inside . . . though I'm not sure if I could >actually put that many tires on top . . .