Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:17:39 -0600
From:         Parker Beeson <parkerb@BIGMTN.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1989 Vanagon GL Westfalia

Hi folks. I am moving in a couple months and need to sell my beloved Duck Dodgers 1989 Westy unfortunately. "Duck Dodgers" because 5 miles into my very first road trip with it in 2004 a family of ducks started crossing the highway right in front of me and somehow the van missed them all... boy did they scatter and squawk though! :-)

Anyway here is some basic info:

1989 Westy w/ 105,000mi located in Whitefish, Montana Excellent condition: *very* clean inside and out, *no* leaks at all under the vehicle... head gaskets are tight and there is no "syndrome" I've had it for exactly two years and there was only one owner before that (who actually bought it and brought it over from Germany back in the early '90s so they claim)... have put less than 8,000mi on it since I bought it 4spd manual (well 4 forward 1 reverse obviously... do you count reverse?) AC unit, but currently the belt is disconnected for a little extra oomph.. probably would need a unit re-charge etc. at this point Custom in-line water filter so you can fill up in a creek/puddle etc. (you can actually still see the install how-to here: http:// www.members.shaw.ca/McTavishPAC/filter/filter.html ) Everything else is pretty much as you would expect in an '89 camper... the little Dometic even lights quick and stays lit /cold very reliably... Two of the stereo (single CD) speakers have developed a flutter and will probably blow soon (cheap replacements) There are one or two very small tears in the poptop screening, but the canvas itself is fine It's got Hankook 14" light truck tires on it that are in pretty good shape still... might want to go with some 15s at some point... The muffler and tailpipe may need replacing at some point in the next couple years as they look sorta rusty, but what do I know... Everything else "just works"... Well loved and cared for vehicle - runs 20/50 high mileage oil/napa gold oil filters in summer which I change before every trip myself Was stored indoors two winters ago and last winter was at least covered... No exterior rust that I can see...

Anyway, serious inquiries only please as this vehicle needs to move in the next 6 weeks if possible. Will consider delivery if it's reasonably close to me in Montana - otherwise we'll work something out. Email me (parkerb@bigmtn.com) for a link to a detailed photo gallery and more information and to wheel and deal on a price.

Thanks for your time! Going to miss my Duck Dodgers! :-(

Parker parkerb@bigmtn.com