Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:24:19 -0800
From:         Jim Arnott <jr.arnott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Questions???
Comments: To: Ken & Sue <kensue356@WOWWAY.COM>

On Jan 8, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Ken & Sue wrote:

> Vanagon Group, > > 1. Can I post pictures?

Sure, but the server will strip them off. This mailing list uses the latest 1996 technology, listserv. It also has found over the years that attachments are evil. Text only here. You have a pic you want to share? Find somewhere to host it and send the link. We'll find it.

> > 2. Can I list things to sell?

Everyone else does, so why not? Try to make them items that would be of interest to the Vanagon community. This is not the place to sell Fender guitars or Maytag washers. There are better forums for general sales. If you color too far outside the lines, someone will let you know. Then they'll let ME know and I'll have to make decisions (which I HATE!) as to whether or not to let you know. (If you get my drift....)

<http://gerry.vanagon.com/info/etiquette.html> IMHO, the last four are the most important. Also, Friday is traditionally the day when one posts the less Vanagon oriented posts. If No Vanagon Content (NVC) please ask yourself if this post REALLY will be of interest to a thousand or so diverse folks. If you're not sure, don't. If you are, please preface the subject with "NVC" so that the six or seven hundred folks you were wrong about can easily sort to the bit-bucket. (Please note that "Friday" starts after midnight Thursday in YOUR time zone and ends at approximately 12:01 AM the following Saturday morning.)

Where? Oh... Coyote's page... Dunno. You'll have to ask him. I know that it kills my browser. http://vanagon.com and http:// gerry.vanagon.com are two very different places. I have no input to vanagon.com and very little to gerry.vanagon.com website.

Uhhhh, okay. <http://marsrover.nasa.gov/home/index.html>

> > Thanks. >

You're welcome.

Jim Arnott List Admin