Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:03:03 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: for those who use wireless on the road ... opps who knew
Comments: To: JP <jpbeauch@gmail.com>

dear all surfers i think i am being unclear about intent of my posting the point is if you are doing something that falls under the guise of suspicious in how a law enforcement official feels the situation is unfolding ... as with all dealings with law enforcement ... yes sir no sir three bags full sir is best when one is outside the realm such as i would be as a canadian in usa or an american in canada

crossing the Canadian USA border is one of those occasions when one is between realms and in a hinter land where the usual laws apply with a different template having a laptop with ripped stuff or a "wireless" booster or what ever is simply one more reason to look further ... or if in texas or someplace with anti wireless surfing laws ... one is in their westie and a cop who has already decided that westie owners are hippies with left hand cigarettes ... if said law enforcement person can not find a suitable reason to claim cause ... a laptop surfer (and all of the paranoid suspicion that are part and parcel with that) is sufficient ... and yes you may beat the rap ... you may even be 100% right all the time ... but you will have already been denied entry into the country ... lost computer and likely van ... and will spend a small fortune fighting the bum rap ...

the purpose in my sharing of this information is to help us as a community of travelers become more savvy so when we arrive at the border or are visiting outside our native realm we will make our own journey more respectful and worthwhile .. chewing gum in singapore ... so i hear is against the law ... as is long hair ... so if i ever go there i will cut my hair and not chew gum in public ... that way i will avoid the possibility of being caned...

thank you for listening /reading ... those who missed the original link ... http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tr/downloads/home/dl_10_laws_computer.pdf yours

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners and ... older work at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364