Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 May 2010 14:35:28 -0600
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: A far-fetched possibility...Vanagon with pop-out?
Comments: To: parillamilt@AOL.COM

Your idea has sorta been done many years ago by Westfalia & others for VW Buses The tents that cantilevered off the side of the vw camper had privy attachments, removable sides, etc. & now sell for $1500 +- for a decent tent w/ poles. Later on they did drive-a-way tents called Big Tops.

Howsomeever, your idea has moi thinking of a tent case thats mounted on the roof of your vanagon, possibly hinged to the roof that flips over upside down & the sides/poles to the enclosure drop down to make another room or anteroom to the vanagon, camper or not?

Hmmm, might have to work on the concept.

Mr. BZ-everything has been done before?