Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 2011 09:58:35 -0400
From:         ed donnen <spliced.surprise@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Demons X

Rust Demons X- The Paint Booth With some trepidation I approached Wednesday evening's activities in the paint booth. This was not quite idle fear, the instructor had managed to give me "polka-dotted" glasses previously when testing a spray can of undercoat. However, having sanded more times than I wish to remember, taped, paper wrapped, plastic wrapped, masked and be-goggled we entered the spray booth. It took longer to tape the work than it did to paint it, and by the time the paint was dry two hours had passed. The paint job was good; pity the color didn't match the rest of the truck. Today I have to go back to the store and see if they can add something to my paint to get it closer. Then I have more spots to work on and maybe a better match to blend into the rest. Next year, maybe I paint the whole thing, maybe not. Here endith the body class saga. Need some parts because you're creative? Try http://www.mcmaster.com/# , they got lots of hardware. Also, http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex , but locally they can be a pain.

ed- Yes I did say, "polka-dotted", since he danced across my face with the undercoating like a Bavarian couple high stepping to an accordion band during Oktoberfest. That's when I learned about Prep-Sol, since it didn't damage my plastic lenses.