Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2014, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:28:04 -0700
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: It's Flyday
Comments: To: Jason <uberhare@GMAIL.COM>

My 1stSolo was 3Nov68 ~ @ 8.5Hrs of Dual, while entering the pattern for a Touch&Go @ FalconField in Mesa, AZ,

My instructor asked ~ "So how have I done so far ~ Do You think you could do this by yourself" & not Really completely

considering the Implications of the Question I said "You've DoneGood, I feel QuiteComfortable UpHere" ~ As we were

touching down he said "Let's make this a FullStop" & As We reached the Ramp He asked me to stop & proceeded to Exit

the Airplane ~ He turned to Me & said "Show Me 1 T'&'G' & 1 FullStop & taxi back here for a Chat, I'll be here watching ~

So off I went IntoTheWildBlue & my 1st T'&'G' turned into a GoAround as some DingDong pulled onto the Runway

Just as I was TurningToFinal ~ So I pulled a bit to his Left & Paralleled Him as He did his TakeOffRoll & then I did a short

turn & climb to get back on DownWind for another Go@It ~ This 1 went without incident & I liftedOff again for My next

Go About the Pattern ~ This Next 1 I had a BitOfFun with ~ I'll give a bit of BackGround here ~ My instructor, Right from

the GetGo Stressed the Point that "It Is VeryEasy to GetRid of Altitude but Not always Easy to Acquire It" so "There is No

Really Acceptable Excuse for Ever Having To "Land" Short Of A Runway" "So always be sure to try to have enough Alt' to

get to where you can make a SafeLanding should the Eng' Quit" ~ With that as an ImportantRule, He taught me the Art

of SlipToLand Very Early On in my training & I LovedIt ~ Now ~ Back to the Solo FullStop & Chat ~ I Stayed High on this

approach with the Intention of Demonstrating to My Instructor that I had been PayingAttention & was Comfortable with

what He had Taught Me & so, Apparently Exactly, @ the Point that I NeededTo, I Lowered the RightWing & Pushed on the

LeftRudder & put The Cessna150 into a Hard SlipToLand Config' ~ I NailedTheNumbers, TurnedOff the Runway @ The1st

Exit & Rolled to a Stop next to my Instructor ~ He came over & opened the door & said "Congrats, that was VeryWellDone,

But, Do Me ABigFavor ~ Please Don't Ever Do A SlipToLand Again If You Know I'm Watching ~ From DownHere It'sScary ~

Now go back UpThere for an hour & HaveSomeFun ~ But BeSure to ComeBack In One Piece" ~

ORR ~ DeanB