Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:41:29 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Interesting MPG numbers
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I try not to exceed 60 mph on the highway, although if I am pushed by other traffic, as on an interstate (avoid them when possible) with heavy traffic, or on a two lane and no options, I'll keep up to avoid being run over. But I'll find another route if I can, rather than hit the higher speeds. Slower is just better. Once, driving down to near Tampico, I was following a colleague who made sure to AT LEAST keep up, and traffic was heavy, and me driving on a Mexican highway for the first time ever. This was quite a few years ago. So, I was a nervous wreck all the way down. Returning, a couple of weeks later, I just told my buddy that if he was ok with it, we would not try to stay together, I'd see him at rests or when we got home. I drove a comfortable pace the rest of the way, and felt ever so much better. mcneely