Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Aug 1997 01:25:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:         EMiskow@aol.com
Subject:      Re: The proper gas line

VW Listies,

I have an 86 Westy. On start ups I noticed drops of liquid as I backed out of the drive way. A little exploring led to a drip in the gas line as it enters the plastic male part right in back of the firewall leading to the fuel injection ect, ect. Anyway, I went to my VW parts store and they said the gas line was 7mm, I said that mine was a plastic 3mm line shoved into two 7mm rubber lines that exit the fuel filter and the other part described above with hose clamps to keep the plastic lines tight against the the rubber ones. The rubber 7mm lines are only a few inches long exiting the fuel filter and the male section at the firewall. I was thinking of replacing the entire length with 7mm nylon/cloth (what ever that material is) coated line such as on my old duel port engines have for thier gas lines. Then I woulden't have to have those step downs in size as the line exits and enters such as it is now. But, the plastic line does fit nicely around the rear wheel well in the plastic guides so maybe it is original. Any thoughts? Is this the right way? Are plastic lines a stock item?

Thanks in advance.

EM