Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:41:16 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@SWIPNET.SE>
Subject:      Re: Cup Holders For PC
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Guess you guys get the same amount of "true stories" in the US as we do in Sweden FEX: elderly ladie who just bought new car comes back to dealer and complaints about th car running rough after a while. salesman jumps in her car just to watch her pull Choke lever and hang up her handbag on it -what a laugh at the lunchtable! or the story about the old man who just gets his fourth new Volvo in a row on the warranty and the mecanic wants to take a ride with him to check the gearbox - where the problem occurs! the guy drives away telling the mecanic what heŽs doing: "OK- start engine, cluch down , first gear, cluch up" and away they go " cluch down, second...." "cluch down , third...." "up on the freeway, fourth gear" "55 mph, fifth gear" " and now itŽs time for some serious speed, cluch down, Racing gear...."

and that was the end of yet another gearbox !! Speaking Žbout Volvo, guess youŽve seen the Volvo 240 which when it came back in -75 was regarded to have the markets ugliest bumpers! following incident is supposed to have happend: One guy stops his Volvo 240 by the road to take a short break. Forgets his lights on with just the suspected result: drained battery. along comes a young girl in another 240, stops and asks if he needs assistance? "great, my car wont start, do uou have any jumper cables?" "sorry" "how about a towing rope?" "nope" "well, weŽll solve it anyway, you just put your bumper against mine and push me a little bit" "but.." no worries, its gonna work just fine" "ok" "By the way, my carŽs an automatic, so weŽll have to reach Žbout 40mph before I put it in gear!" "oh, dunnow if I dare" "ItŽs gonna work just fine, trust me" "OK"- she says, both jump in their cars. after a couple of seconds,when nothing has happened, he looks in his mirror just to find out that sheŽs going away in reverse just to make sure she Žll be able to reach 40mph BEFORE SHEŽLL HIT HIM! The tip about the cupholder was good though, perfect for a coke or a beer can!!!! Happy hollidays Calle

[text/html]