Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 May 1999 15:42:05 -0400
From:         "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <dfrandolph@TALKAM.NET>
Subject:      Mexican bus info

If you look closely at the Mexican bus brochure (at http://www.oz.net/~sneakers/mexibus.htm ), on the back page, lower right, it says "Impresion 7/94" which even with my non-existent command of the Spanish language I'm willing to bet means the brochure was printed in 7/94. I'm not making any assertions as to whether they are or aren't sold anymore, only that the brochure is almost 5 years old. It's still cool, though.

For anyone who's interested, a few months ago I was intrigued with the possibility of importing a Mexican bus, and after perusing VW Mexico's website (see http://www.vw.com.mx/room/combi_e.html ), had the following e-mail exchange:

I wrote:

yada, yada... > I wonder if you might be able to send me additional printed > information about > the Combi/Panel vans you sell in Latin America. I am interested in the > possibility of importing such a vehicle to the USA and would like to > find out a little more about them. etc...

I had received sales literature from VW in Germany via this route, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

They responded:

> Thank you for your interest in Volkswagen cars manufactured in Mexico. > > We want to inform you that VWM is currently not producing the Combi, but > VW Brazil, therefore we have to ask you to contact them directly to the > following address: > > VW BRAZIL > Estrada Marginal de Via Anchieta > K.M.23.5 Barrio Demarchi > Sao Bernardo Do Campo, Brazil > Phone:5511-753-2714 > Fax:5511-753-2093 > > We hope this information can help you. > Best regards, > Daisy Farfán > Export Division

I didn't follow through on it, but if you've got visions of shiny new-old busses dancing in your head, this might be a good starting point.

Doug Fitz-Randolph Yarmouth, ME dfrandolph@talkam.net '90 Syncro

[text/html]