Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:59:05 -0400
From:         Pierre A Lachance <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM>
Subject:      "auto" biography and filters

I really hope that I am not the one and only that started all this polemic about oil filters ??? Two weeks ago, I wrote that I had my engine rebuilt last year with a new long block etc etc at a Vw dealer for 4K$ cdn and they had told me never to put another oil filter than the Vw Audi 070 115 561 or if not available, a Bosch. More, if I wanted my head gaskets to hold, only the VW coolant should be used !!! but you know dealers... they want to sell their products... but I have to tell you all, that my girlfriend of 19 years has been working for a VW dealer for the same length of time, and the 15 last years as a sale representative ( average: 135 cars a year ), so she is the " boss" ...( to all those men that have wives or girlfriends that do not like VWs, I have to make sacrifices elsewhere? ). This filter "thing" restarted when I came back home with a new Fram " Double Guard" filter, that was on sale (9.99$) . When she saw it, she said: " you are not going to put this on Zephyr, are you ? no, I bought it to put on the living room mantel !!! So...I did return it to the store and drove to the dealer...for a 070... So we are a happy couple again, just for a filter ! By the way, a vanagon friend on this site told me that Bosch filters were made by Fram... sorry, they are made by Champ ( is Champ owned by Fram ?) in the States for all of North America...Also, I once said to somebody on this site that I have had 15 VWs...Sorry, that was 11 when I recounted (+ 4 english cars ) and I am still trying to understand them and also understand myself to keep buying them ( the old ones )??? but I drive and tried most of the newer models since we have to rent one from the Vw dealer as a test car, and we do love the New Beetle, and hope that everyone of you will have the chance to test drive one. I forgot: this is not the site for " auto" biographies, 1000 excuses. pierre a.lachance lac beauport, que zephyr 85 and others

[text/html]